Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm a Celebrity Now!

I came across this video the other day and literally had tears coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard!


Everything about this video is TRUE when you have twins (or more!). 

EVERY TIME I am in public with the girls, I have at least 1 person who approaches me to talk about the twins.  I found this image below on a t-shirt and I think wearing it when I go out might save me some time... :-)
Yes, they are twins...

I will also hear several comments from people who are just passing by or who are in the general vicinity of where I am shopping/walking/eating/standing.  This particular situation really confuses me.  Am I supposed to acknowledge that I heard you?  Are you talking to me?  Do you think that I have lost my sense of hearing now that I have twins? :-) My typical response is to smile, and continue to do whatever I'm doing.  I could be smiling because I heard you, or because I thought of something funny/nice/happy.  I'm still not sure if that's the right thing to do, but I think it's safe enough...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to talk about my twins and answer all these crazy questions!  I could talk about the girls 24/7, until I'm blue in the face, until the cows come home, and every other cliche that represents a long time!  I have no problem talking about how we struggled and how they were conceived.  But really, when strangers ask these questions, I'm not really sure how much detail to go in to.  And most of the time, I'm in hurry because I have 2 ticking time bombs that could go off at any second, so there is no time to chit-chat.  I need to get in and get out!

I guess I'm just baffled by how I'm now a "celebrity" when I go out with the twins.  I first heard this from a dad of triplets in a Multiples class we took through Sprectrum Health.  He told a mom who was expecting triplets to get ready to be a "Rock Star" when she went out.  Even the parents of twins agreed that this happens.  And low and behold, it's TRUE!!!

But honestly, I really am loving it!  :-)  I love being a mommy, especially to these precious twin girls.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Violet and Charlotte
And please don't let this scare you from asking me anything about twins/being a mommy/fertility/whatever!  I really do love to talk about it! :-) 

3 comments:

  1. cute post Sarah, glad you are loving every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should share those stories! You're a fabulous mommy to twin girls so rock it out! :) You should share their birth story and how you finally eneded up conceiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that video was hilarious and I don't have twins...but, mine are 18 months apart...so, I know EXACTLY how you feel (hopefully you can sense that I'm joking through the computer).

    ReplyDelete